Padum in Zanskar to Darcha in Himachal is a great trek if you’re looking for a first-time trekking experience doing the trans-Himalaya hike.
- Per Person Min 4 persons
- Private Tour Min 2 persons
Ladakh Trekking Packages
This combination of the tour and a short trekking holiday provides the opportunity to experience Ladakh’s rich Buddhist culture and traditions. During the trip, you also have the chance to go on a short trek in the Sham region of Ladakh, nicknamed the ‘baby trek’ because you do not go higher than 4000 m, which is rare in the Himalayan region of Ladakh.
Food and nutrition on the trek
We are pioneers in Wellness and culinary trekking in the Himalayas. We provide a varied, interesting menu on treks throughout the Himalayas. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free meals can be catered for upon request, and other special diets can be accommodated with advance notice.
Trekking is not only fun, but it is beneficial for you. It helps in detoxifying the body while also nourishing the soul. Although to provide a better experience, we also tailor our meals to include superfoods as part of the ingredients to keep you fit and healthy while also assisting in acclimatization to high altitude. The combination of hiking in the pristine mountain air and healthy food makes trekking with us a complete wellness adventure. Read More on Food and nutrition on our treks.
Why Choose Us?
- Our expert trek leader will ensure your safety at all times while enhancing your trekking experience.
- Your private social bubble by staying in less busy lodges and trekking away from the crowded trails where possible.
- Experience the lovely landscape and people
- Your food is prepared with superfood as ingredients to give the best nourishment, recovery, and acclimatization to high altitude for our culinary and wellness factors.
Delhi/Leh – Arrive in Delhi Indira Gandhi International and straight transfer to the domestic airport terminal for your flight to Leh (3505 m). Overnight Hotel with breakfast. We need your international flight details so our representative can meet you at the international terminal(outside) and drive you to the domestic terminal, give you instructions for your domestic flight, etcetera.
Leh- In the morning, we visit Leh Palace. In the afternoon, we visit Sankar Gompa (monastery) and Shanti Stupa – a Buddhist monument. Overnight Hotel with breakfast.
Indus Valley – After breakfast, a full-day excursion to Indus valley visiting Shey Palace-Thikse Monastery and Hemis monastery. Overnight Hotel with breakfast.
Leh/Likir/Yangthang – Drive about 60 km/2 hours to Likir (3500 m) and visit Likir monastery. Late afternoon trek, 4-5 hours, to Yangthang village (3600 m), over Pobe la (3550 m), and Charatse la (3650 m). Note: La means pass in Ladahki. Overnight Tent or Guest House with breakfast,t lunch, and dinner.
Day excursion to Rizong Monastery and return to Yanthang village. Overnight Tent or Guest House with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Trek from Yangthang to Hemis Shukpachan – Trek about 3 to 4 hours to Hemis Shukpachan (3600 m) over Sermangchan la (3750 m). Overnight Tent or Guest House with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
We trek from Hemis Shukpachan to Temisgam (trek ends). The trek takes about 4-5 hours to Temisgam (3200 m) over Lago La (3750 m). Overnight Tent or Guest House with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
We drive from Temisgam to Lamayuru and Alchi – total drive to of (about 125 km/5 hours). Overnight Tent or Guest House with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
We drive from Alchi to Leh – After breakfast, drive to Leh – 69 km/2 hours (en-route visit Phey Monastery, spend about 1 hour). Overnight Hotel with breakfast.
Drive from Leh to Sumur in the Nubra valley after breakfast; we will drive over the Khardung La – Pass (5600 m) our Indian friends love to call it the “highest motorable road.” We visit Sumur Monastery in the afternoon. Overnight Deluxe Tent with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
We drive to Hunder, Diskit, and return to Sumur – after breakfast. We will visit Hunder Monastery and visit Bactrian camels (double humped camels), a breeding farm at Diskit, before returning to Hunder village. Overnight Deluxe Tent with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
We drive after breakfast from Sumur in the Nubra Valley back to Leh. We arrive back in Leh in the afternoon. Overnight Hotel with breakfast.
Leh – Delhi; early morning flight to Delhi. Arrive and transfer to the hotel. Evening farewell dinner and transfer to IGI for your flight back to your country.
Your return flight home.
- Expert tour leader or hire Raj
- Entrance fees to monasteries in Ladakh
- English speaking local guide in Ladakh during the sightseeing days
- All meals, as mentioned on the trip, as mentioned.
- Hotel/camp/tenting accommodation in Ladakh with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Transportation includes all arrival, departures, pick-up/drop-off, and sightseeing, using non-air-conditioned Jeeps in Ladakh & by Air Condition Coach in Delhi as per the above program.
- Complete trekking arrangements include local trekking guide, cook, helper, ‘A’ shape alpine tents, toilet tents, kitchen tent, dining tent, mattresses, alpine folding stools and table, mobile kitchen, ponies for luggage, etc.
- Inner line permit for Nubra region (please send passport detail & photos 30 days in advance)
- Assistance on arrival & departure transfers
- International airfare and airport tax
- Hotel in Delhi. The cost of a hotel room in Delhi ranges from US$50 to a couple of hundred dollars, depending on the standard chosen.
- Internal airfare for Delhi / Leh / Delhi sector in economy class. The airfare can cost from US$60 to $500, perhaps even higher each way. July and August are the busiest months. It is best to book the flights in advance.
- Travel insurance
- Any extra activities & optional tours
- Riding horse during the trek
- Personal bills like drinks, bar & beverages, tips, telephone, laundry, any additional and optional trips than the above, etc.
- Anything which is not included in the includes section
- Tips (suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only; leader’s tips at your discretion)
A Responsible promise
Despite the exceptional circumstances in which we find ourselves at the moment, we don’t want you to give up your holiday – and we want you to be able to book your trip without any worries.
To provide you with additional security for your booking, we have introduced a new rebooking and cancellation policy so that you can easily rebook or cancel your trip free of charge if the worst comes to the worst.
Free Cancellation With the Responsible Promise 100% Money-Back Guarantee
For new bookings made between 10th May 2021 and 31st December 2021, you may cancel your complete package (activities, hotels, tours, excl. flight) free of charge up to 30 days before your departure and get 100% of your money back. To stay flexible, we recommend that you choose a flexible fare when booking your flight.
Full flexibility on your booking
Stay flexible with our new rebooking service until shortly before your departure. For new bookings made between May 10th and December 31st, 2021, you may rebook your package (activities, hotels, tours) free of charge up to 30 days before your departure (subject to availability). Rebooking is only allowed once, and you must inform us 30 days before your planned departure. Any additional costs incurred due to changes in your schedule or upgrades, such as additional fees in high season or upgrades to your accommodation, will still apply. To remain flexible, we recommend that you choose a flexible fare when booking your flight.
From 3 years old to some in their 70s, most of our clients have done and completed their treks with almost no exercise or training.
Do you offer hotel/airport pick-up?
We offer hotel and airport pick-up. As you continue with your booking, there will be an option to input flight details or hotel name.
Do I need a visa?
All foreign nationals who want to enter India need to possess a valid international travel document such as a passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. All visa applicants are requested to apply for the Indian visa online by filling the online application form.
The duly signed hard copy of the completed application form will be submitted at the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to the Indian Mission or Post. The instructions to fill the form and appointment scheduling can be seen at the Instructions for Regular Visa Application. The applicant is required to bring the referral number and the required documents on the scheduled date of the interview.
The status of the visa application can be checked on the link for Visa Enquiry. The applicants are also requested to visit the website of the Indian Mission for detailed information about the Indian visa.
What should I bring on a Trek?
Being adequately equipped is one of the keys to a successful trek. For information to help you select the best type of clothing and equipment for your trip, please see our Clothing and Equipment Guide.
Also, see our Links page for details of specialist retailers who will offer further advice and assistance with purchasing new clothing or equipment.
If you have more questions, please check this article to reference equipment to pack or contact us.
Is this trip safe for solo/female/LGBT+/minority/POC travelers?
You are safe as long as you are respectful of the culture, do not show affection in public, and dress decently (this won’t pose too much problem as you will be covered up in layers to stay warm).
Here are some helpful articles:
Am I too old to go trekking?
Should I bring cash or ATM cards?
What to pack for a trek?
Do I need to train for a trek?
What is a typical day on a trek like?
What is the food like on the trek?
The Benefits of using trekking poles.
What do I need to know about high altitude?
High altitude myths.
How to trek safely?
For more articles, you can go to our blogs.