I’m Rajesh Kumar Tamang, but please call me Raj. I am an Artisan of Boutique Adventure Travel in the Himalayas.
I may be a bit biased, but I am one of the rarest trekking guides who consistently go above and beyond the “status quo” of Himalayan trekking in Nepal, Bhutan, Ladakh, Sikkim, Darjeeling, India, and Tibet. I’ve been leading tours throughout the Himalayas since 1988. With extensive knowledge of local traditions, cultures, and religious life, I greatly respect the region. I’m an English-speaking guide, and I’m fluent in both Western and Himalayan cultures. I have a deep love for this place and a strong desire to share my passion with the world.
My dedication lies in imparting the culture and environment to my clients, but I do it differently from other trekking companies. I specialize in creating value-added experiences, paying close attention to my client’s needs, and ensuring they depart with beautiful memories of the mountains, the culture, and the trek.
My dedication to providing the highest level of service extends to our high staff-to-client ratio, ensuring that we meet your every need. As a Wilderness First Responder, safety is a top priority, and you can trust that you’ll be in safe hands on any journey with me.
When you book me personally as your trek leader for any of the trips listed on this website, you’re essentially getting a concierge service in the Himalayas. For an additional fee, you’ll receive top-tier tour planning and the most exceptional trekking experience available anywhere on the planet – a guarantee I stand by. Your adventure begins with us!
As the founder and CEO of Responsible Adventures, I am committed to actively practising – Responsible Tourism. I firmly believe in Fair Trade’s principles, so it ensures a living wage for all my staff. I was selected to be the Ambassador of the World Adventure Society for Nepal in 2016.
Some things that set me apart from the rest.
Arranged a Tibetan wedding at Everest Base Camp in Tibet at an ad-hock moment with little time to plan.
- Hosted a former Federal Tourism Minister and a few Ambassadors (the countries not disclosed out of respect for their privacy).
- I have introduced our clients to some outstanding adventure personalities of Nepal.
Taken the CEO of 3 S.E Asian nations for an international bank on a family trek in Nepal.
I have taken the only person to have performed Indian Classical music at the President of India’s official residence and The Whitehouse on a helicopter tour to Everest base camp.
Liaison officer for the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Everest Expedition
Taken the Co-CEO of the largest translation company along with his 2 VPs on a helicopter tour of EBC
I am the first Ambassador in Asia for the World Adventure Society (WAS).
Setting a world record for the most Golf Tee-Offs above 5000 meters.
Operated the first trek to Mardi Himal and commercial tandem paraglide from High Camp on the Mardi Himal Trek from 3566 meters.
- Took a founding member of a luxury tour company in New Zealand, which has won multiple global awards (15 currently and counting) on The luxury Everest base camp trek in October 2019.
- I helped make a world record for a 71-year-old Singaporean with three golf tee-offs above 5,000 meters on the Everest base camp trek in December 2019. Read the article
- Provided logistics for an International Movie shoot in a remote part of Nepal’s Himalayas.
I have started a boutique adventure travel company that welcomes Diversity, Equity, and inclusion – DEI.
My team and I extend our hands in ally-ship to the
- People of all races and nationalities
- Ethnic or tribal communities.