The trail takes you east of Annapurna Base camp trail and eventually to the Mardi Himal Basecamp very close to Mount Fishtail. Then you go paragliding in Pokhara on this multi-day tour!
- Per Person
Mardi Himal base camp trek
Mardi Himal Trek was not famous until recently, but now this trek has started to attract people as there are basic lodges available on the trail up to High Camp. This trekking trail takes you through beautiful Rhododendron forests, walking on a ridge above the tree line with stunning views of Annapurna South, Mardi Himal and Machapuchare ( Fishtail ). Despite gaining popularity with trekkers from both overseas and locals, the Mardi Trek is an excellent alternative to the Poonhill Trek with a lot fewer trekkers.
We have included two nights in a homestay to enjoy genuine Nepali hospitality and food with two ethnic groups at the end of the trek. Enjoy this trek with our value-added service with expert trek leader and our specially prepared meals that use superfood as ingredients for better nourishment and acclimatization.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu to be met and transferred to your hotel
Day 02: Morning tour of Swwayambhunath Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Ason Market ending in Thamel – the tourist hub for lunch. After lunch, you can either hire or purchase trekking gear required for this trek.
Day 03: Fly to Pokhara. Pothana 1,900 meters or Pitam Deurali 2,300 meters.
Day 04: Pothana to Forest Camp (Kokar) 2,600 meters.
Day 05: Forest Camp/Kokar to Badal Danda 3,250 meters.
Day 06: Badal Danda to High Camp 3,550 meters.
Day 07: Mardi Base Camp 4,500 meters.
Day 08: High Camp to Siding 1,885 meters.
Day 09: Siding to Lwang Ghalel 1,500 meters.
Day 10: The next morning, we take a private jeep back to Pokhara.
Day 11: You have the option of either just chilling out, shopping, taking a boat ride, or paraglide with the company owned by National Geography’s Adventurers of the year 2012.
Day 12: Breakfast at hotel and free until international departure.
- Boutique hotel in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Boutique hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Hotel/lodges on twin sharing basis
- All transportation
- Responsible Adventures’ expert trek leader or Trek with Raj
- Complimentary T-shirt
- Use of trekking kit bag during the trek
- One assistant guide between 4 trekkers
- One porter between two trekkers
- Proper clothing for porters and crew
- Food for porters & crew members (we are less than a handful of trekking companies that provide this facility)
- Insurance for team and porters
- All permits
- Twin sharing room on the trek
- All meals on the trek (best trekking meals in the whole of the Himalaya)
- Domestic airfare
- All optional additional tours or activities during free time
- Transportation outside of the tour program
- Travel insurance (compulsory to have insurance that covers helicopter evacuation)
- Tips(suggested amount US$75 per week for staff only); Leader’s tips at your discretion
- Items of a personal nature, e.g., alcoholic drinks, bottled beverages, laundry, souvenirs, etc.
Am I too young or old?
Most of our clients, from 3 years old to some in their 70s, have done and completed their treks with almost no exercise or training.
Do you offer hotel/airport pick-up?
We offer hotel and airport pick-up. As you continue with your booking, there will be an option to input flight details or hotel name.
Do I need a Visa?
A visa for Nepal can be acquired on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kerung on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
For more information, go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
What should I bring on a Trek?
Being properly equipped is one of the keys to a successful trek. For information to help you select the best type of clothing and equipment for your trip, please see our Clothing and Equipment Guide.
Also, see our Links page for details of specialist retailers who will be able to offer further advice and assistance with purchasing new clothing or equipment.